Saturday, August 11, 2007

Exciting Stuff - to me anyway

I just ordered the Family Tree Maker 2008, it is suppose to be the best of the best. I also ordered Gensmarts. This program will help me with my to do lists and holes in my research.

I happened to get an email from a women in Charleston South Carolina, a few weeks back. She sent me family history on Samuel Dangerfield. Dorothy (Cookie Girl) Paternal Grandfather. I received names, dates, and counties all the way back to 1700's waa hoo! I was so excited. It really was a good day. Especially since I have been looking for information on Samuel since 2002!

On my side I hit the Jackpot on my Paternal side. Most of you know I don't really have a relationship with my dad. So, I posted messages on the message boards, SIX years later - I received a email from a distant cousin in South Dakota. She sent me info on my Paternal Grandfathers side all the way back to the 1500's. So Exciting. The real exciting part, One of my relatives was Abraham Lincoln - yes the President.

That is all the good news I have received recently. Hopefully more will come.

No comments: