Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering



Some like to forget this day in our history, I like to remember it. I want my children to grow up remembering it. September 11th was a hard and horrible day, as a family we were not impacted directly (thank the powers at be) but it did however effect us as Americans and as family of a Firefighter and a larger family of Firefighters. We dealt with anger and hopelessness, sadness, gratetude and admiration. All the feelings that you could have on day that it was 7 years ago. To be honest I do forget some days. But then there are the days when I send my hubby off to work, and the reality does sit in. Will he come home? and when he does will he be safe? I know that Stephen actually going into a building and it collapsing is something that is probably not going to happen, but even a small roof collapsing or being on the side of the freeway, or being in a rough neighborhood is dangerous. And I won't even get started on the air and chemicals he breaths in everday and what they are doing to his body. - Now I am totally off the subject.
Today doesn't only mean remebering the Firemen, office workers, piolits, flight attendents, travelers, police officers and everyone eles that was lost this day 7 years ago, but to remember the service men and women that fight for our country each day. For the ones that were lost and the ones have come home with physical and mental complications.
Fear set in on that day for me, before that I was very nieve. I am very proud of all that serve our country. And I am very proud of all the firemen and police officers that put their lives on line here at home. I hope you spend a little time today feeling gratitude for those who keep us safe.
I am VERY proud to be an American.
>....as she steps off her soapbox.....

1 comment:

Raimi said...

Very well said Tami & you stand on that soap box any time you want :). I too, am so grateful to be an American. I am so very proud of the men & women that serve our country selflessly. Hug your guy tight & tell him thank you from our family for all he does in our community!