This is going to be my year! I think my universe gives me good years in odd numbers, so I am really excited for this one.
I am stealing this idea from my friend Raimi . So here goes.
1.What did you do in 2008 that you have never done before? Had surgery twice in three months. Yikes, that was not fun. First the Grumpy Gallbladder then the Pesky Hernia! I think I am done for at least my life time.
2. Did you keep your 2008 New Year's resolutions and will you make more for 2009? I am going to have to research that one. But since I still have 50lbs to loose I am going to take a guess and say no! So this year will be not to take my health and body for granted and treat it the right way.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2008? A couple of cousins had babies this year, my niece turned one -- so that counts kind of.
4. Did anyone close to you die in 2008? Yes, my in-laws dog Kona, she was a wonderful dog.
5. What countries did you visit this year? Well, I think I am going to change this one. I didn't travel to any other countries this year, but I did travel to other counties! I guess that isn't the same.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More time with Stephen, with both of us working and his overtime, we may see each other once a week, for more than 4 hours.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I would have to say election night. The speeches were wonderful, and the mood was up lifting. Regardless of how the outcome came out, it was a powerful night and one that will remain special to me.
8. What was your biggest achievement this year? This one is hard, I would have to say, getting Kelsey to school on time. Last year was tough, so I am really proud of us that we didn't have one intentional tardy.
9. What was your biggest struggle this year? Probably my body image. I have struggled with it my whole adult life, but this year was the hardest. With two surgeries,there was really nothing I could do for a while. So I plan on 2009, not to struggle with acceptance. I am sure it is a much more peaceful place.
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury in 2008? Oh did I. First the Grumpy Gallbladder and all the pain full attacks and then the surgery, then to Boob issue which is resolved and we are just waiting for the next mamo and us in March to make sure everything is as it should be (2009 is my year so it should be fine). And then the Hernia, I have had my share of injury and illness and I am looking for a healthier year.
11. What was the best thing you bought this year? Our new truck! We love it and Stephen loves it. This probably wasn't the best year to buy a new truck, but since his old truck was diesel and it died, we had no other choice.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Can I say mine? The children were very whinny this year and it was not pretty.
13. Whose behavior disappointed you? that's a hard one.
14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, and hobbies, with my scrapbooking and Stephen's fishing and hunting we have very expensive hobbies. But we are extremely lucky that we are able to splurge on the things that keep us sane.
15. What did you get really really excited about this year? Stephen and I went on a little vacation away by ourselves to a little fishing cabin up in norther ca. Just the two of us doing what we both love. Me scrapbooking and Stephen flyfishing a few days just us being us. It was fantastic.
Also, watching Kelsey learn to read it is so amazing to see her learning and processing. We can't keep the books our of her hands it's so great.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? The twilight soundtrack.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, much nicer or richer? All of the above, richer not in the monetary sense but in love, family and friends.
18. What do you wish you had done more of? Exercised.
19. What do you wish you had done less of? Surgery.
20. Did you fall in love this year? Yes, with Edward Cullen!
21. What was your favorite TV Program in 2008?Grey's Anatomy AGAIN, and the Biggest looser, how could you not just love this show. All it does is give people a chance at a better life.
Oh and the Office, and Kath and Kim, I know a little tacky but I do love tacky!
22. What was the best book you read this year? The Twilight Series.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery this past year?Muse and Linkin Park, totally random and not me, but a day does not go by that I don't listen to both of them.
24. What did you want and get this year? A Camera, and great report from Kelsey's teacher and time with my family.
25. What was the best movie you saw this year? Well, since I hardly ever see a movie, at home or in the theatre, I will have to say Twilight! I know there is an addiction there.
26. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn? My hubby gave me a party, with friends and swimming a little cake and some nice wine! I turned 32 and cried most of the day, I did not want to be 32, I think it just was a premonitions of what the year would be. If I could I would skip it and be 33. it's the odd years I am telling ya!
27. What would have made your your year more satisfying? Organization! Acceptance.
28. How would you describe your personal fashion statement this year? I am a jeans and tshirt girl. Have always been and will always be.
29. What kept you sane this year? scrapbooking and chakra therapy.
30. What celebrity did you fancy the most?oh, not so much a celebrity but a character. Edward Culllen.
31. Who did you miss this past year? Friends that I lost track of, things get busy and one thing leads to another and then you realize you haven't spoken in 6 months. That weighs heavy on my heart.
33. Who were the best new people you met this year? I met a lot of new people. Some ladies I met at Green Tangerines would have to be on the top of my list! And old friends that I was able to get in touch with via Facebook, girls that I grew up with and haven't seen or talked with in over 12 years.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year:You are your own happiness. And not to take your body or mind for granted.